Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Promises of God


2 Corinthians 1:20-22

For all the promises of God in Him are yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. 

Was looking out of my window at the fields and river when I read these verses, and it struck me that God's Word spoke this world into being. He spoke, and the mountains (hills in Singapore), and river came to be. If His words are not to be relied upon, then the very foundations of heaven and earth have no reason to exist. 

Then Lord, I shall claim that your Word is true and you are a faithful God. Let me see your promises come true. The bigger the challenge, the greater the miracle. 

1 comment:

Little Miss Titch said...

a beautiful post.