The many rounds of festive feasting has taken its toll, and one night, I woke up clutching my overworked stomach in pain :( Before Chinese New Year, I had better recuperate somewhat. Made for myself a really light but still tasty meal
Ingredients for the Convalescent's Porridge
- Brown rice (for extra nutrition)
- Dried scallops (makes the porridge marvellously unami)
- Ginger slices (for the queasy stomach)
- Carrot (to use up my rabbits' leftovers)
- A dash of chicken stock powder
One of the side dishes was Japanese pickled anchovies, which I picked up one day at Isetan's Hokkaido food fair. The other was a childhood favourite - tinned meat sauce.