Wednesday, February 20, 2013

This picture terrifies me

This picture terrifies me

from Yahoo

Where shall I begin my explanation? Is it the look of angry defiance on his face? Or the tightness in the gathering of fellow protesters, giving the impression that the event was packed with supporters? Or the naked, unabashed jingoism in the simple message on the placard?

It terrifies me to see our usually trouble-fearing (kiasi) people stirred into such angry passion that they would brave the rain, accusations of xenophobia, and infamy just to go and tell a group of people how little they welcome them. No, this isn't the Singapore I know. Something is changed...and I don't like it.

1 comment:

RG said...

If this global warming keeps happening, we might see even more of this. Some places will become quite un-inhabital and/or be short of water.