Sunday, November 17, 2013

A new start

Once again, I stand on the threshold of a new phase in my life, waiting for tomorrow, when I would report for another job. 

How time flies. It seems only yesterday when I left my former position and took up the masters course. I still remember that the first day of my masters. I woke up not knowing what to do with myself, since all responsible adults have gone to work, and here I was, pottering around at  home because I had no class. It was like a long, midsummer night's dream - of reading, cooking lunches at home, sharing snacks with classmates, skating during working hours and waking my cute little furballs from their naps to play with them. 

Memorable and enjoyable as it was, I would not have wanted it to continue forever. As a break from adult responsibilities, it was wonderful. But it is time to make use of all that I have learnt, and to producing practical work again. 

Lord, go before me and make my path straight. Let it be for me a land flowing with milk and honey. May You always cause Your face to shine upon me, and establish the work of my hands. Let my boundaries fall in pleasant places. And may I be a city on the hill, whose light cannot be hidden. 

1 comment:

RG said...

You might be wanting to keep your head down and do lots too!!!! Good Luck!